Do your iPhone photos turn out too dark or too bright sometimes? Well, I have news for you! You can control the brightness of your iPhone photos (aka adjusting the exposure) before you take them. As a bonus, you will also get to tell the iPhone camera exactly where to focus when you do this. These two things together can give you a lot of control over the quality of your photos. Here's how:
• Open your camera app.
• While in the Photo mode, tap and hold over the part of the image that you want in focus and properly exposed (aka your subject).
• You'll see a yellow box appear over your subject. The camera will focus there.
• You'll see a yellow sun icon appear just to the right of the box.
• Using your finger, slide the sun upward along the line to make your image brighter.
• Slide it downward to make the image darker.
• Once it looks good to you, stop sliding and take your picture!
NOTE: Yes, I took these photos while holding my phone upside down. It can give a really cool perspective to your photos when you are shooting something very close and low.
Hi there! I'm Emily and I'm thrilled that you stopped by!! I hope you can relax and read along, while I share a little bit about my work, life and love of photography. I hope you find some inspiration here to light your own life and share your own story!